Sunday 26 Nov 2017 10:30am - 5:00pm
Sydney Rock 'n' Roll & Alternative Market is gearing up for its Christmas edition it’s a Christmas shopping treasure trove with loads of fantastic wares on offer and a huge entertainment line-up to entertain you throughout the day. Part market, part music festival, part meeting place, Sydney Rock 'n' Roll & Alternative Market is one of Sydney’s most unique shopping experiences and a fabulous day out.
You’ll find a vast array of stalls selling quality unique goods including but not limited to; rock ‘n’ roll, alternative and vintage clothing, jewellery, accessories, posters, cult DVDs, homewares, art, collectables, Tiki mugs and more plus a Massive Record Fair presented by Revolve Records – Erskineville and Egg Records – Newtown. Vinyl vultures can sift through more than 50,000 LPs and 45s covering alternative, punk, metal, rockabilly, blues, jazz, country, reggae, club, hip hop and every other genre since the dawn of rock ‘n’ roll it’s packed with bargains and rare gems.
You’ll also find a café, bars, international food, a vintage and classic vehicle display and kids’ outdoor activities.
The Christmas edition entertainment line-up features;
The Hard Ons
- The Hard-Ons are a melodic punk rock band from Sydney, Australia who officially formed in 1981. They are often acknowledged as Australia's most commercially successful independent band with over 250,000 total record sales. The Hard-Ons' origins can be traced to Western Sydney's Punchbowl Boys High School, where all band members were students. The Hard Ons have appeared on more stages than can possibly be listed here from pubs to festivals and everything in between across Australia and the world.
- Originally aspiring to be a nuclear physicist, Kim Salmon was swayed by the sounds of rock'n'roll and became a Scientist. He later became a Beast of Bourbon and then a Surrealist. He's been a seminal influence on Garage Rock and countless bands including Nirvana, Mudhoney, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, White Stripes and Spacemen 3. He's performed at local and international festivals including Futurama, Pukkelpop, Don't Look Back (with Sonic Youth), All Tomorrows Parties (in Melbourne, UK and New York), Big Day Out, Bluesfest and shared the stage with the likes of U2, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Stooges, Television, The Cramps, The Pop Group, Kid Congo & the Pink Monkey Birds and more.
Hanks Jalopy Demons
- Hank’s Jalopy Demons have performed publicly in Melbourne and Internationally since 1996. The latest line-up has been particularly active in seedy late night bars, where they have assailed unsuspecting victims with their well practiced and expert renditions of unadulterated Rock-a-billy music (sometimes cut with illicit substances such as late-50s garage Rock‘n’Roll and Hillbilly).
Keiron McDonald Combo
– The Kieron McDonald Combo deliver authentic wild Rockabilly and Rock’n’Roll in the traditional 50’s style, guaranteed to have you Jivin Boppin and Strollin’. Kieron moved to Cologne, Germany for almost 3 years playing all the biggest and best Festivals in Europe with his European combo consisting of the cream of dutch Rockabilly. Gigs included The Rockabilly Rave in the UK, High Rockabilly in Spain, A-Bombers in Sweden, Tear It Up in Croatia and many more. Now back in Australia Kieron has teamed up with a some of Melbourne’s best Rockabilly musos, to compliment his style of 1950’s Rockabilly, Rock’n’Roll and Hillbilly Bop.
– Limpin Jimmy and the Swingin’ Kitten, The Crimplenes, Rod Almighty and Solid Gold Hell DJs
Plus MC Limpin’ Jimmy
Entry to the Sydney Rock 'n' Roll & Alternative Market is now $6 before 12pm and $8 after 12pm , with kids under 12 FREE. Nowhere else in Sydney offers this much bang for your buck.
The Market is Held at Manning Bar and Manning House, 1 Manning Road, University of Sydney.