You can buy tickets:
By phone – call Oztix on 1300 762 545 and buy them with your credit card
Online – click the ‘Buy Tickets’ link on the event listing
In person – purchase tickets at the door on event night *subject to availability
If you purchased your tickets by phone, you’ll be on the ‘Manning Bar Pre-Sales’ list at the door.
If you purchased them online, it will depend on where you purchased them from and the ticket collection option you selected. (Check your online receipt.)
If you bought them in person, you’ll either get a ticket or be added to the ‘Manning Bar Pre Sales’ list at the front door.
For larger events or sell out shows our kitchen or food trucks will activate and be open from doors. Our kitchen Manning Cantina will be open for select gigs, please refer to our Food & Drink page for more information.
If you’re thinking of heading down early and want to check if the kitchen will be open email the venue – [email protected] to check or alternatively check out our social media (@manningbarsydney) for updates.
You can receieve Access Rewards ticket pricing to any gigs at Manning Bar by being a USU Access Rewards member. This entitles you to USU membership, on-and-off campus discounts at a range of retail outlets across Sydney, access to clubs and societies and student leadership roles.
BF stands for Booking Fee. This is an additional cost for all pre-sale tickets including those bought from Oztix.
Do you have at least 6 months’ experience taking food orders, making mixed drinks and pouring lots of beer in a bar or hotel? We regularly have casual bar roles available so please check out our Work For Us page to find out more and apply.
As the University is smoke free, smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas and cigarettes are not sold at the venue or anywhere on campus.
Manning Bar accepts companion cards. Please email [email protected].
Once you’ve collected your ticket, it’s your responsibility. We can’t replace a lost ticket, no matter how you bought it. Treat your tickets like cash – they’re not replaceable.
No. Anyone using a recording device will be asked to leave, and the device may also be confiscated.
Shows vary in volume. We recommend you use caution and common sense to protect your hearing. You can buy a pack of earplugs for $1 at the bar.
Yes. Please ask one of our staff for help when you arrive, or call 02 9563 6006 to discuss any special requirements.
Photo ID is required at all 18+ events
License: All shows at Manning Bar are 18+ unless otherwise specified
No intoxication, illegal activity, moshing or other dangerous/antisocial behaviour will be tolerated. Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
Manning is situated in the University of Sydney. Please respect this unique environment.
The personal information we request from you is used to process your ticket(s) or to provide you with special offers or information. In the event of a postponed or cancelled event, Manning Bar will endeavour to make contact with you. Your personal information is not supplied to any third party.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- You enter and attend an event at the venue at your own risk.
- Neither management nor the promoter will be liable for any loss, injury or damage suffered or incurred by you or any other person entering or attending any such event.
- Management reserves the right to inspect or search any clothing, bags, containers or packages you intend to bring into the venue. This includes a pat-down, bag search or inspection by screening equipment.
- No professional cameras without prior approval. Professional photographers must produce satisfactory accreditation. Sound and video recorders are not permitted to be brought into the venue.
- The event may be filmed and it is a condition of entry that you agree that your image may be broadcast.
- Food, alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be brought into the venue
- Weapons of any kind or illicit drugs or other similar substances are not permitted to be brought into the venue. Along with all other items noted in the prohibited items.
- No pass-outs will be issued in respect of the event in the venue.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the venue, but may be permitted on the Level 1 Balcony
- The use of illicit substances is prohibited. This venue has a zero-tolerance policy towards the use and possession of illicit drugs. Patrons found with illicit drugs will be refused entry, have their tickets cancelled and be referred to police.
- By entering the event or venue, and using the event medical facilities, you consent (express or implied) to allow third parties to receive personal information from the medical service providers that has been obtained during treatment, during and/or after the event.
- By entering the event or venue, you consent (both expressly and implicitly) to the disclosure of your personal information by Manning Bar (including CCTV footage), and including by Manning Bar if requested by the NSW Police for the purposes of investigating any incident which occurred on Premises and Manning Bar decides to respond to this request from the NSW Police on the grounds that Manning Bar has a reasonable belief that the disclosure is necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by or on behalf of the NSW Police (as an enforcement body).
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person or to remove any person from the venue without any entitlement to a refund. Without limitation to that reservation, any person deemed to be affected by alcohol or drugs may be refused entry or ejected from the venue.
- These premises are protected by CCTV. Any anti-social or illegal activity or threat to safety will not be tolerated. Patrons who cause a disturbance or refuse to comply with directions of management or its staff, (including security personnel) will be ejected from the venue.
- CCTV footage may be provided by Manning Bar to the NSW Police if requested, for the purposes of investigating any incident (including as part of an enforcement related activity) which occurred on Premises. The Manning Bar has complete discretion in this regard and by entering the event or venue you consent to the collection of your personal information, including for the potential purpose of its disclosure to the NSW Police to assist in any investigation and related to any enforcement related activity.
- Patrons acknowledge and agree that entry to and attendance at an event at the venue is subject to compliance with these conditions.
Patrons entering the venue are advised that:
- The venue is a licensed area / premises.
- Intoxicated persons will be refused entry / evicted from the Licensed Premises
- No external alcoholic beverages will be permitted entry to the Licensed Premises
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol
- It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol
- Checking procedures will apply at all entrances to prevent prohibited items from entering
- The following forms of physical ID are acceptable:
- driver or rider licence or permit issued by an Australian State or Territory or any foreign country
- NSW Digital Driver Licence
- Australian or other passport
- NSW photo card
- proof of age card issued by a public authority of the Commonwealth or of another State or Territory for the purpose of attesting to a person’s identity and age
- Keypass (over-18) identity card issued by Australia Post.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
For the safety, comfort and enjoyment of all patrons, Management reserves the right to:
- Refuse Entry to any persons deemed to be intoxicated and/or disorderly
- Refuse entry to any unauthorised persons
- Refuse entry of items which have the potential to cause injury or public nuisance
- Refuse entry to any person who purchases an event ticket from any unauthorised source, including a ticket scalper.
- Refuse entry to any person who presents an invalid ticket